Thank you for your interest in CFR!
CFR has an immediate opening for a Staff Attorney in our Manhattan and Queens offices.
• Work as part of CFR’s interdisciplinary legal teams (comprised of attorneys, social work staff, paralegals and parent advocates) to provide our clients with high quality legal defense and meet objectives such as keeping children out of foster care, shortening lengths of stay for children in foster care, promoting quality visiting arrangements and insuring that families receive services that are well-tailored to expediting safe and lasting reunification
• Represent parents in Family Court who are respondents in Article 10 and Termination of Parental Rights proceedings
• Pursue interim appeals on behalf of CFR’s clients
• Write final appeals
• Keep case data, client legal notes and files up to date
• Participate in CFR’s policy initiatives
• Work collaboratively with CFR’s Home for Good teams
• Supervise law school interns
• Present to community-based agencies about our model
• Applicants must be admitted to practice law in the State of New York and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team and a desire to share in both the exhilaration and challenges of a growing endeavor.
• Prior experience with public benefits, housing, criminal defense or immigration is preferred.
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
Applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please write “Staff Attorney Applicant” in the subject line. No phone inquiries please. Please note we are not able to respond directly to each applicant to acknowledge receipt of materials. See Full Job Description Here.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply; CFR is an EOE.